This statement applies to KINEK and KinekPoint products, services and websites worldwide (The “SERVICE”). We recognize that privacy is important and protecting personal information is part of that practice.
- Collect Personal Information: KINEK collects personal information, such as name, address, email, and phone number, when you register for the KinekPoint SERVICE or otherwise voluntarily provide such information within your KINEK account. The SERVICE uses your email address to provide you automatic notifications of package deliveries to a KinekPoint. Your name and address are used to verify your identity when you arrive at a KinekPoint location to pickup a package. When you login and access The SERVICE, you have the ability to manage your account and preferences. Through account management, you can update your personal contact information. From the start page, you can change your KinekPoint locations.
- Guidelines for Children: Kinek is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Children under the age of 18 should make decisions with the supervision of their parent or guardian regarding how they share personal data. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for a child’s use of The SERVICE and for ensuring that their personal information is protected.
- Use Personal Information: We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, Kinek may use your personal information (a) to provide its services to you, (b) to create a personalized experience for you, and (c) to get in touch with you when necessary with respect to (i) transactions we facilitates on your behalf, (ii) material changes in our policies, (iii) new services we may offer, or (iv) otherwise to serve you.
- Limited Access: KINEK limits access to your personal information to employees having reasonable need to access this information. This access is restricted to those that “need to know” to provide products and services to you.
- Protected Use: KINEK well protects personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, through a variety of security procedures and technologies. The SERVICE provides a secure encrypted SSL sign on for its users, automatic browser logout after a period of inactivity, protected backup copies within locked environments, and physically destroyed storage hardware when it is no longer used.
- Audit: We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve KINEK and KinekPoint technologies and services.
- Legal and Fraud: We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services. Personal information that is no longer in use is retained in accordance with Privacy laws that sometimes require companies to keep data for 7 to 10 years or longer. Contact Kinek Privacy Office for information about these retention periods. Personal data that is no longer in use is destroyed after this period.
- North America Operations: In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. KINEK follows the Canadian Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA) legislation and relevant or appropriate US laws, including the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
- Protect Username and Password: It is your responsibility to protect your username and password. Use a mix of upper-and lowercase letters and at least one number to secure your password but always create a password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for someone else to figure out. Please do not use your name, address, initials, phone number, license plate or birthday. Do not use the names of your friends, family, pets, company names, common numerical sequences or the word “password”. If you suspect that your password has been compromised in any way, immediately go to the My Account area of The SERVICE, click on Change Password, and change your password.
- Links to other sites: As a convenience, The SERVICE may provide you links to third-party web sites. None of your personal information is passed on to these sites. However, Kinek is not responsible for the privacy policies of these sites nor does Kinek control the privacy of any personal data collected while on third-party sites.
- Review Information: We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it when reasonably possible, except where required by law to retain information for such things as audit logs. If your request to delete information terminates your account, KINEK may contact you with possible alternatives. We do not assume any liability or accept any responsibility for loss or damage due to information that was incorrectly entered through an email, form, sign up process or any other publishing medium to The SERVICE.
Updates to this Policy
Updates posted within the privacy notices of The SERVICE indicate significant changes to these practices that you should check periodically.
If you have questions about this policy, The SERVICE data collection, its use, and KINEK’s disclosure practices, you may contact our Privacy Officer: Ms Karen Speight at PO Box 4782, Rothesay, NB E2E 5T6, 506 694 1250, Karen.Speight@kinek.com.
Kinek will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to privacy questions that are directed through our Privacy Officer. Except where required by law, Kinek cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this policy.
Copyright © copyright 2004-2014 640624 N.B. LTD. All rights reserved.